Thursday, May 20, 2010

Pause

a tulip of sorts.

Time has been whizzing by lately. Things have been busy...and different, as Cap spent a week or so prepping an online course he's teaching this month and preparing for his three week trip to Japan (he left this morning).

The kids and I are ready for a pause, to reset our energies and foci. And next week we'll resume the routine we began setting up last week.

• ordered a few of the ADD books I was able to peruse thanks to the library. the used bookstore in town didn't have them, and I couldn't renew them because others were waiting their turns...so I bit the bullet and ordered them from Amazon. it feels good to have cleared personal book shelf space. (did I mention that here? $40 credit at the used bookstore!) when my new books come, they will move right onto an empty shelf.

• majorly fell off the Dragon's Way food and GFCF wagon since Saturday. the result? feeling very tired...as if my limbs were replaced by some dense and heavy material that it now takes four, five, six times the energy to move about. would like to make time to read some of the mindful eating material I have. today I am back to no meat and dairy. I made myself a delicious stiry-fry for dinner tonight: scallion, garlic, ginger, green pepper, mushroom, bamboo shoots, safflower oil, coconut aminos, salt, black pepper, sugar, and red pepper flakes.

• loving the sight of the kids in their new big boy raincoats. this Spring has been swinging kind of intensely between chilly and rainy to hot and sunny and back again.

• dropped a bundle on two new bras...and don't regret it. good bras are like good shoes...or good eyeglasses. you get what you pay for and it is so worth it for items you wear/use every single day.

• we'll be hitting bed earlyish tonight. all of us have been going to bed just a tad later than our bodies are okay with, I think.

• Qigong, Qigong, Qigong...oh how you elude me, oh how I will track and follow you and make you mine...

• looking forward to a quiet day tomorrow. we've postponed the zoo to next week and will take the day as it comes, moment by moment.

Right now, Gem is watching the Red Sox game and Sag is playing with Lego. Cap is less than six hours away from landing in Osaka. Me? I am enjoying the feeling of lightening...and feeling my body let go of the hunger that has been gripping it for the past few days.

1 comment:

Julie_c said...

It must feel good to know you have some credit at the used book store. I have two boxes of books to take to the Book Barn.

Good luck being a single parent for a few weeks.