Sunday, December 06, 2009

A long distance dedication

When I was a girl, I used to listen to Casey Kasem's American Top 40. And I really loved hearing the long distance dedications. The kind of desperate and romantic situations evoked by these dedications...I ate that kind of stuff right up (hmm a part of me still does today...)

Last week, S posted a song to her Facebook profile and said she thought of me. When I saw that, a felt a thrill go through me. It wasn't a long distance dedication, but it felt something akin to one and I was taking it :-)

This was the song and I love this line in particular:

The force created by its (Earth) spin,is the force that stops the chaos flooding in.

Thanks, S. You made this girl's day with your dedication :-)

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Yay! Is that me or another S? ;-) I have no idea why, but yeah, it made me think of you when I saw it so I'm glad you liked it ;-)

Is he hot or what? LOL! He's totally not my type either. Must be what's coming out of his mouth ;-)

Shannon said...

Um, I mean, duh, I know I posted it and said it made me think of you but was just wondering if *another* S also did. Stranger things have happened, lol!

shirley said...

Yes it was you :-) I'm trying to give people more privacy by no longer mentioning them by their names. Feels a little unnatural and bullshitty, but my intention is honest.

He's kind of cute. His eyes are haunted and I like his tousled head of hair :-)

But, yeah, as I grow older, I am so much more affected by the things people say and the way they think, as opposed to how they look.

And by people, I mean people whose bones I want to jump ;-)