Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Vacation continues

We spent the day at Busch Gardens yesterday which was a lot of fun. Which is good because it cost a lot of money. No, no, it was good for many other reasons and I shall not dwell on the financial cost...

The kids are falling asleep fast and like logs. We're much more active than we are at home, with lots of outings. This afternoon they hit the pause button, though, and eschewed the library with its promise of Star Wars books we may not have in our own library and they have been playing quietly together downstairs while I get some computer time in.

Note to self: they are not missing tv/computer time so much (at least not to the point where they whine or even talk about it out loud with me), but I am. No, I'm not whining or talking about it out loud, but when I'm at the computer, like right now, I am reveling in it. And last night, as I knit some in bed, I kind of wished there was a tv in front of me.

It seems I am channeling a bear preparing for hibernation. I have been eating a lot. The light is hitting me in its diminishing brightness earlier and earlier in the day and, boom, I am propelled by an internal signal which directs me to eat...

2 comments:

JET said...

I enjoyed Busch Gardens when I went, way back in 1992. It sounds like you are keeping busy during your vacation and getting lots of knitting in.

Julie_c said...

I also get the munchies as it grows cooler. Wouldn't it be nice to just curl up in a warm blanket by a fire, watch tv and eat cookies! :)