Thursday, September 18, 2008

A blur of a day

I woke past 8 o'clock this morning...the second time in three days. What this means is that the kids have been waking past 8 o'clock. Sag has been sleeping till 9 o'clock or later which is unheard of. Seasonal changes bringing about a hard and deep sleep methinks.


I knit a few rows in solitude, but then the day began to pick up steam and it has flown.

A walk with Danielle in the woods followed by errands in town. (The boys continued work on a stop motion film with Cap.)


More light saber making.

Here's Baxter waiting for something to possibly come his way from the lunch table.

Gem's self-concocted lunch: a spaghetti-ham roll-up. ("I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner!" said he :-)

Trader Joe's "French Green Beans" have been a big hit with my guys. A veggie that tastes good to them.

I'm about to drop them off at Danielle's for a playdate and return here to clean the place up for Janet and Asa who will be here for a quick overnight visit before they are whisked away to a family event in Baltimore.

I had grand plans for a homecooked meal, but like I said, the day has flown by. It's going to be a pizza and sushi night.

3 comments:

Julie_c said...

A.) Stop-motion film = FUN!
B.) spaghetti/ham roll - I'm so glad he's pleased. :)
c.) Cameron also loves those trader Joe's green beans. Normally I just heat them up in the microwave. but sometimes I saute a little garlic in the frying pan (w/ olive oil) and throw the beans in and then throw in some sunflower seeds close to the end. Those are pretty tasty, my friend.

Seems like things are good and mellow with you. :)

jet said...

I'm anxiously awaiting the stop motion film. I hope you debut it on the blog!

shirley said...

Thanks for the green beans enhancement tip!

It is a bit scary how much of a difference my period starting makes. I am feeling *much* better, thank you.

The film will be uploaded soon!