The kids and I went to see Wall-E today with Danielle and her boys. It was good, kind of depressing for this adult. Reminded me of Battlestar Galactica, of all things. About 30 minutes into it, Sag said loudly to Lukas, "this is kind of boring".
The move did pick up its pace about halfway through and then near the end the kids were all kind of scared by a character. My guys agreed with Owen's declaration that the movie should have been rated G+.
Tonight, Cap and I watched a fantastic and fascinating documentary called "The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters". Read about it here, I'm too tired to wax poetic. I highly recommend it.
I'm way sleepy because it's past 2am, again. Tonight I got (intentionally) lost on Ravelry. There is just so much there. I surfed through a bunch of "off the beaten path" knitter blogs. I bookmarked a bunch of them. I think I need to figure out Google Reader... Kate? :-)
4 comments:
Shirley, I'm finding Google Reader to be really useful. Once you open Reader, you should see an "add subscription" (in green) to the left. Just copy any blog's url link and paste it in the spot provided once you've clicked on "add subscription." As far as I recall, everything is pretty straightforward from there. You can share things pretty easily amongst other people using Reader. There will be "Friends' shared items." I just have Matthew and a brother there so it'd be cool to have you there too. Lemme know if you run into any problems.
We JUST saw King of Kong too! Man, that Billy Mitchell is a total dick! And what a coward. And that hair! What a dick-wad hairdo! We wanted Steve Weibe to kick his ass so bad - but how could he when dickwad would never show up?!?! But I loved at the end, when the movie makers make a point of showing Steve with his kids and wife and having a good time on vacation b/c yes, he's excellent at Donkey Kong, but clearly this is a man who knows what the really important aspects of life are. unlike some of those poor, poor guys at the arcade. Yikes!
Oops - I just noticed a minor mistake in your post. The movie title is King of Kong: A Fistful of QUARTERS. But if Clint Eastwood would have been in this movie - I think he would have just showed up at Bilyl Mitchell's house and kicked his ass. And that would be a good movie too.
Thanks, Kate! I'm going to set that up soon...
Julie, I corrected the error---thanks for catching that. I wish I knew how to do that thing where you can actually cross out a mistake with a line.
Anyone know how to do that?
Most of what was so fascinating to me about that documentary was how oblivious the subjects were about themselves or others (namely Bill Mitchell).
Post a Comment