Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Fried egg whites

Quinoa is a favorite of Gem's and he likes to have it, fresh off the stove, for breakfast. A bit of soy butter, a sprinkle of gomashio, a dash of Bragg's, and he's good to go.


Sag has been all about fried egg whites for the last few months. He used to like scrambled eggs, but at some point in the last year egg yolks have fallen out of his favor. Unless it's tamagoyaki he's eating in which case yolk is just fine.

Here's a video of someone making tamagoyaki. It's 7 minutes long, but I found it utterly mesmerizing, I think it was the background music.

But, back to fried egg whites. He's a growing boy and he usually asks for 4 egg whites. I usually fry up 3...


because there's something about tossing the yolks in the trash that makes me cringe and I wish I knew of something I could do to use 3-4 egg yolks every day.

No comments: