Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Nature kicks my ass

In a good way.

Every time.

We went on a woods walk with Lucia and Holly this morning. My gut was giving me some trouble and I almost canceled.

But I wanted to see Holly and Lucia.

And then First expressed dismay at the possibility of not being able to go. Which was the clincher, really. This child doesn't ask for much outside of his routine and repertoire.

The notion that walking in the woods has become something akin to either of these things for First is delightful to me.

The bonus, soaking in the changes that have transformed the woods since we were last there with Sophia and Wendy.

More color was immediately evident. Not sure what these beauties are called, but they sure caught my eye.

It warmed significantly during the two hours we were there. And with that comes the slight malodor of dog poop. This area is a favorite for off-leash dogs and their people. It actually didn't bother me much at all today (super smeller that I am).

How many rocks can I get on my hand?

I did it! (...and patiently waiting for a turn...)

Can I get through the drainage pipe?

In the moment.

I can get through the drainage pipe!

Snack break.

Leaves beginning to unfurl.

There were black caterpillars squiggling around in there. I didn't notice the hollowed out tree knot in the foreground till now.

Making streams and waterfalls for the ants. (Then complaining of thirst before making it back to the car :-)

It feels great to be getting out more. I'm hoping to get down to the beach sometime soon.

For now, though, the mess in these rooms beckons, longing to be put back into some semblance of order.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like it and . . . funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn !!!!!!!! DID IT COSD $ (-: & @TIE PL@SE POST THIS COM@NT .

Julie_c said...

Look slike a wonderful day and I'm glad you felt better. Whenever I feel mildly cruddy - some nature usually brings me back too.

jet said...

I'm also glad to hear you felt better. It does look like everyone had a wonderful time.