Sunday, September 29, 2013

Weekend update

I am overwhelmed, yo.

In one of those hyperly-noticing-every-little-and-big-thing-I-wish-was-done-but-isn't places.

Yuck.

Here are the (seventeen) tabs I currently have open in Chrome:

• Ikea Hack Standing Desk For Shorter Ladies.

•.Gummy Bears recipe.

• my Goole calendar:














• Wanna Be On Your Mind:


• Silver Dollar Pancakes recipe:


The first thing that's kind of killing me: most of these tabs come with multiple thoughts/ideas attached to them.  

For example, the gummy bears recipe...
~~~I've been wanting to decrease the kids' sugar intake~~~they might like these~~~ooh the molds are on sale at Think Geek~~~I'll order a bunch of stuff to get free shipping~~~the Think Geek box arrived days ago and remains unopened~~~I spent a long time looking for other stuff to order~~~if I had just gotten the molds and paid for shipping I would have spent $50 less~~~I shouldn't have spent all that money~~~are the kids going to even like these~~~when am I going to make these~~~

Exhausting.  Stupid.  Unstoppable.

Well, seemingly unstoppable.

The second thing that's kind of killing me: this current reality of my desktop (in/arguably a virtual environment) totally mirrors the current reality of my home/body/mind (in/arguably my actual environments).  Lots of thoughts and ideas, intentions and dreams, converted into STUFF that PILES and GATHERS.

Sparks happy and bright devolve into dusty lumps forgotten-in-plain-sight.

This brings me down.  Not in the good-for-me grounding way described here, but in a pulled under into the doldrums way.

And yet, and yet, I push through...through these moments that are not comfortable (unfortunately, they are not comfortable for my little family, either), but are simply a part of my life.

Peace and love.

2 comments:

JET said...

A few people at work have started using a standing desk. They went with the Ikea Hack. Here is what one person did:

http://iamnotaprogrammer.com/Ikea-Standing-desk-for-22-dollars.html

I"m trying the standing desk but right now I'm just using things in my office (a shelf I had, a couple hard drives that don't work but are perfect for the shelf to be put on and then the keyboard. The monitor is stacked on top of books.

The biggest thing that helped with the standing desk was the antifatigue mat. The first day my feet killed, once I got the mat it was much better.

Hang in there with all the other stuff. Try to take it one day at a time.

shirley said...

Thanks, Jamie! xo