Friday, March 08, 2013

Well

Went to the Y.

Enlisting a buddy in this process was critical. I would not have made it out of the cozy confines of home today if not for the plans I'd made with Danielle.

We were early for Zumba so we hopped onto the elliptical machines for 20 minutes. Wow those things are virtuous yet boring.

Zumba was hard to describe. I appreciated many things about it, including the instructor, who was quite inspirational. It was a small class due to the snow and I was grateful for the space and the unobstructed view of the teacher.

I was surprised that I did not hurt myself or feel any pain doing these two activities back-to-back. Also, that I did not have to rest from exertion.

I was less surprised that my mind managed to wander during these activities...but still surprised. Especially during Zumba, which was as much brain gym as body one, the things that popped into my head...

When it was all over, I had so many questions. Such as, how do people not spend hours and hours at the gym? There is so much to do! I so wanted to jump into the pool after Zumba.

My predominant emotion/mental state was confusion. I was tired but energized. Calm and not grumpy. I smiled more than a few times during Zumba, but also regretted going pad-less with all the jumping I was doing.

Once home, I have wanted more than anything to curl up in a blanket. After feeding the kids and myself, going over some Math work, and a long, hot shower, I finally snuggled down with a mug of hot tea at hand.

A few hours later, I am feeling something in my knees, in particular. I will down some Advil with my Americano before heading out to play with/babysit my young friend, Leo.

Since I have plans to go dancing tomorrow night, I have already nixed my plans to go to Athletic Conditioning at 9am. I will return to the gym Sunday for some more Zumba.

Peace and love.

No comments: