Thursday, March 07, 2013

Thursday things



I took the kids to the local zoo yesterday.  I thought we might see some energetic critters as a storm system moved our way.  We were rewarded with wolves who were eager to commune.
 


Hacking and updating our tired old spaces.  These three new pieces in the bathroom are all from Ikea.  The large bath rug I bought at Amazon started unraveling after the second wash.  That's being returned, it was really nice and expensive.  A shame.

We're still not sure about the new slipcover.  We thought it was going to be padded, but it is not.  It is a 75/25 cotton/poly blend and feels like a stiff linen or hemp (which I don't mind).  Unfortunately, as you can see, it has that easy-to-wrinkle linen quality, too.  It is, also, dry clean only.  And, it was expensive.
 

Two of our older cushion covers are still drying.  I spent an hour watching John Carter and plucking off very small feathers from the inside of these covers.
 

The landlord finally sent over a contractor to patch up the hole in the ceiling.  It needs a coat of paint, but we went ahead and set the desk up in there.
 

Things are coming together nicely in the kids' room...till you get to the pile of stuff with nowhere to go.  We are keeping the red dresser (from my childhood) for now, as well as, the blue egg chair.  But all those other bins/containers need spaces to fit onto somehow somewhere...or there will need to be more vetting of stuff.  Sigh.

Peace and love.

No comments: