After blogging last Friday, I found out Sophie was going to be euthanized the next day. Sophie was the elder of Barbra's canine kids. Sophie was a fierce...well, bitch. A miniature poodle who survived losing an eye in a freak accident, she lived a good long life giving and receiving a lot of love. I knew I probably wouldn't see Sophie again when I visited Oakland in October. So I got to give her an extra special good-bye squeeze. I will miss her.
Dogs kill me. I just love them. (Though they are my third favorite animals after whales and horses, I get to revel in them the most.) Saturday morning, Baxter quickly picked up on the fact that we were packing up to go somewhere. He plunked himself right down on his blanket in the middle of the action. I'm sure he was thinking we were leaving him. (We didn't, he came in the car and we dropped him off at home where his people met him later in the day.)
We also dropped the kids off at my sister's. For a rare overnight. Them boys are growing up in many ways, lately. Cap and I took the subway into the city for 24 hours of kid-free anniversary celebrating.
It was really relaxing. And invigorating. And yummy. Gratitude to my sister and love.
On Sunday, we celebrated Christmas in Queens. I was exhausted upon arrival and lay on the couch for a good while recovering energy. By the time my brother's family arrived I felt better and we enjoyed the company and good eats.
On Christmas Eve the kids and I went to two playdates. Then I watched a movie. It was unexpectedly resonant. I liked it a lot. Loved the music.
Christmas was lovely. The day was spent enjoying gifts, eating Chinese take-out and hanging out at home in pjs. I read a nearly 400 page book that was seemingly written for me.
The next day, we road tripped to Massachusetts. Pics to come...
Peace and love.




















No comments:
Post a Comment