Gem has been sleeping a lot. Our first night back he slept for 15 hours straight, waking at 2pm. He's been reading and enjoying his home food. He requested Cap's tortillas for his first dinner and enjoyed leftover tortillas the next day for every single meal and snack. He also requested a play date and yesterday we went over to Danielle's for a few hours. The kids went back there for more play today.
I've been eating. Chinese take-out last night, Japanese chocolate, leftover Berkeley burrito, and my must-have pastured eggs :-) I slept well the first night, but last night had trouble falling asleep and once I did, around 3am, I had wacky, wacky dreams. This afternoon I had alone time for the first time since before we left for Japan. It was very nice to listen to music, unpack, and catch up with some of my "stories".
Oh, super wonderful news: dear friend of the family (and one of Cap's oldest friends) Uncle Mike sent me his gently used iPhone having heard of my interest in Apple gadgetry. I've been having some fun with my new toy. Especially, Angry Birds :-)
I will be organizing my photos over the next couple of weeks and posting more here. Tonight, I leave you with a shot that looked good every time I saw it on my camera screen. Uploaded into iPhoto, I was delighted to see it came out really well. The kids with my Dad at Narita on the day we left Japan.
5 comments:
Glad you are all back on home soil! It's sweet how the boys (and you, with those eggs!) breath so deeply into their "home" food after having been away for so long.
Angry birds is now available on your imac! We bought it the day it came out, at a special, super-low rate, and have been told that we can download it onto any computer we want to play it on. I'm absolutely certain Lila will want to play it at your house ;-)
Looking forward to seeing you all :-)
I love that Gem and Jiji are making the same pose.
BTW, I forgot to tell you that it seems you can use google phone for free calls through the internet. Then you don't even need a phone plan. There is someone at the NY Times who does a technology blog or something and he wrote all about how to maximize the iphone or ipad.
Wow, the London Bridge Lego looks pretty impressive!
I also really like the photo of the boys and your dad.
I'm curious about these different options people have mentioned to you about how to save money on the iPhone. Does it mean you are using the wi-fi to access the internet to make phone calls? What happens if you are someplace that doesn't have wi-fi? Or maybe I'm mistaken and somehow you have data access through your phone but I thought that had to come from a phone carrier?
Welcome home!
Jamie, in a word, yes. I think you can only make/receive calls when you're in a Wi-Fi zone. I believe you can pick up messages that have come in, too. I haven't researched it all thoroughly yet. Will try to call soon, thought of you yesterday, but just couldn't make it to the phone...
Thanks everyone, and looking forward to seeing those of you we haven't seen in awhile...soon!
Post a Comment