Cap is at the park with the boys, Ellie and my bro. I just spent time sifting out the things the kids and I won't be needing for the next few days/Cali and stuffing them into an extra suitcase of my dad's so
I have a quiet moment now...to share some pics.
First up, the Kanazawa Zoo. The big draw was our memory of the roller slide at the Kanazawa Nature Park, which the zoo is situated above. But, we went into the zoo first.
(I loved these informational boards done in chalk. You could feel the love of the work in these illustrations and narrative blurbs.)
(I wasn't sure if we'd see any of these old school toilets on this trip, but they had them at the zoo. Nowadays, most public restrooms have at least one "western" style toilet so you don't have t worry about using one of these. But, when I was little, I had to use these in public and residential bathrooms.)
(The zoo was at the top a hill and the view behind the cousins includes Tokyo Bay.)
(These shots of the roller slide pretty much speak for themselves. It's really long and is designed for kids as young as five or so to ride on alone, safely. Adults can ride it, too. Unmonitored, free of charge, it's just part of the park. Gem wishes so bad that we had a park like this close to home!)
(Shots taken on the bus back to the train to get back to the apartment.)
(Sag sipping a new favorite drink, a "milky" apple-peach juice, in the train station.)
No comments:
Post a Comment