We stayed close to home today. Gem and I went to the supermarket/department store with my sister, Ellie and Lisa for two hours (Sag stayed home with my mom for some much needed quiet/alone time). Gem was in search of a specific Pokemon manga so we hit the book section of the department store. He didn't find it, but we found the latest Bam and Kero book, a picture book series we've been following since the boys were very little. Very exciting. Gem did decide to pick up a Pokemon manga, an older series. (For the record, the kids do not read Japanese.)
We enjoyed a mellow afternoon. The kids went to explore the stairway into the woods with my sister while my mom, Ellie and Lisa took naps. I puttered doing laundry and cleaning up our stuff which seems to scatter and spread quite quickly.
I practiced some Qigong this afternoon as the sun was beginning to set. It felt so good, like giving myself a massage. Between the continuing jet lag (exacerbated by my dad's very early waking at around 3:30am), the stress of holding the challenges of being GFCF in Japan for Gem, and a near fall I took yesterday afternon, my body is feeling it.
Some quick pictures now, I seem to be receiving the message that I should have done more to prep dinner. Oops.
some time between 5:00-6:00am.
the new Bam & Kero.
Pokemon manga.
sudoku and crosswords with Auntie.
drawing is essential.
3 comments:
Sorry to hear you are still having jet lag issues. I don't know if it would help you but I wore earplugs while on vacation (sometimes even at home). There is a train track not far from where we stay and I typically wake up every time a train goes by. With the earplugs they aren't as loud and I can usually sleep through most of them.
That is an interesting idea that I had never considered before, thank you. This morning went better. I did wake up to the pre-dawn noise (Ellie was wide awake at 3:30 too :-), but it didn't wake me completely and I was able to doze off and on for a couple of hours. I feel somewhat normal this morning, a first since arriving :-) xoxo
I'm loving these Japan posts!
Post a Comment