Today, the kids have been playing with friends. Cap and I have been doing chores and slowly acclimating to post-holiday openness. Taking down the tree and lights, vacuuming, putting out the trash and recycling, making a meal plan...
playing a card game they made up together.
I'm going to take it easy this week. Beginning Dragon's Way again to strengthen my energy before our trip to Japan in February. My goal is to clean/declutter, nourish myself and the fam, practice Qigong and rest/be quiet. If I don't show up here, that's what I'll be doing.
I am very excited for our trip. The kids and I will spend 10 days in Japan (Cap will be with us for a week, all his schedule will allow) and then a week in northern Cali. The four of us are starting to talk about how we'd like to spend our time. Sag's interested in the Tokyo Tower and we discovered that there's a Pokemon Center in Yokohama. At the top of Cap's list is the Daibutsu in Kamakura. We're also planning a return trip to a zoo that has a 100 meter outdoor roller slide in the adjacent nature park. Ah, the possibilities...
In the meantime, I am trying not to get carried away playing computer solitaire which I have just recently rediscovered. Directing my attention to a knitting project should help. I've started and re-started this cowl for my mom three times now. It's not complicated, but the pattern and where my mind's been has not been a good match. When I started, weeks ago, I thought I'd have it done when I saw her on the 19th. On the 19th, I thought I'd have it done for sure for New Year's Day. Soon, soon.
May your year be soft, cozy and full of bounce. Happy Year of the Rabbit!
5 comments:
So envious of your trip! I am also envious of your ability to plan and pay for such a trip with family finances being what they are....am eager to see the photos!
Oh no no no no no... We are not paying for this trip. We couldn't afford it!
My dad is paying for my sibs and me and our families to fly over for a 7yr anniversary memorial service/reception to commemorate the passing of my paternal grandfather.
We are very lucky to be able to go, and to have a family who can provide us with this kind of opportunity.
With the American dollar incredibly weak against the Japanese yen, we will be watching every yen we spend on souvenirs and personal travel while we're there!
I am, however, embarking on a major saving and planning endeavor to pay for a family trip to Peru next January to visit Vanessa and her family.
If I manage to pull that off, please feel free to turn green with envy ;-) xo
Oh, good...well, I am still envious, although now I realize you are not a miracle worker.....! somehow I thought you had not only managed your finances but had saved enough for a huge trip! (In which case I was going to ask you to do MY finances over...!). So, am still envious of your trip; it sounds so wonderful, now even more so with loved family members....
Yes, you are lucky and I am sure very grateful...and I believe in you - so start saving for that trip to Peru!
Am looking forward to seeing Japan photos...
I am envious too! I bet it's going to be a wonderful trip. If you find you have arrived home with any Japanese magazines, brochures, or newspapers you longer want - remember your friend Julie who works with collage and loves Japan. Wink, wink!
These kinds of hints are very helpful for the non-artistic/crafty. I could probably find you some stuff the next time I go to my mom's apartment!
Post a Comment