Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Hot, hot, hot

I may try to eat seasonally, but I sure don't 'be' seasonally. As the mercury hit 'bout 100º today, I made home fries. Gem's been jonesing for them for awhile and well, he could no longer be denied.

This morning, the kids and I headed out to the post office where I shipped a bunch of the books I've sold. So far, I've made about $125. It took awhile at the P.O. because I was filling out address labels and figuring out which envelopes were for Priority Mail, etc. and there was, of course, only one window open. But, the kids were chillaxed for the most part and we were soon out of there.

We then strolled to the bookstore where the kids searched for 'vacation' books. Sag ordered some Pokemon books and we'll be going back to pick them up Thursday.

I finagled a short trip to the library out of the kids and dropped off Rufus M. (which we finished last night) and picked up some more books about Jamestown and colonial Williamsburg.

Once home, while the kids ate lunch, I made the base for blueberry ice cream I'll have the machine crank out tomorrow.

We headed back out to pick up our CSA share and then Cap (who as up at school having completed his first day of camp). As we drove past one of the town pools on the way home there was much excitement and longing.

Cap took the kids to a free Lego mini-build at our local Lego store (neither of us grown-ups was in the right frame of mind to head out to a pool) and I put away the veggies, cleared out the fridge some, e-mailed book customers, had some solo dinner (nice when I can catch it :-) and prepped the basil from today's share to make pesto only to realize we have no fresh garlic.

Everyone's home now. The Red Sox game is on, Sag is drawing, Gem is relaxing on the couch, Cap's tying away on his laptop... I'm off to make the kids' dinner.

The headache that played peek-a-boo with me all afternoon has abated. I'm thinking it was related to dehydration...

Weather-wise, more of the same for the rest of the week.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

"One" of the town's pools? :::jealousy:::

Owen loved the lego giveaway by the way. Thanks for telling me about it ;-) I think next month we'll go to Bridgewater though. It's about the same distance from our house, but no tolls.

shirley said...

I'm glad he had fun :-) We've never been to the Bridgewater store...

Yeah our town has three municipal pools!