Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Äiti's intuition

Something kept me up tonight. I wasn't sure what it was, but I understood, simply and for sure, that I was to stay up despite the latening hour.

So I chose a catch up episode of Treme which would take me past 1am and began to watch. (It's a great show, worth checking out on DVD when it comes out if you don't have access to HBO.)

Then, just past 1:00, Gem came out of his room, tousled and mostly asleep. I walked him to the bathroom where he did his business, he asked me to turn on the sound machine, and he crawled back up into his bunk.

Seconds later, he was full on back to sleep.

You never know when something is going to click into place. Whether it's staying dry at night or staying up late for no apparent reason. I say, be open and relaxed...trust and be okay with not knowing everything.

2 comments:

Julie_c said...

Is Treme the show from the makers of The Wire?

shirley said...

Yes. It's very different though, in my opinion. But there are familiar faces from The Wire which is nice :-)