Tuesday, May 20, 2008

More potato salad

Yes. The season has begun across potato salad nation. Here is Gluten-Free Goddess' Horseradish Spiked Red Potato Salad.

She's kind of dreamy...her dark chocolate brownies (GFCF) are sublime and she lives north of Santa Fe (for decades I wanted to live in New Mexico...part of me still does).

In this post she talks about the weather turning, into a dry and warm spring and taking walks after dinner under a rose hued sky...sigh.

Flipped through Mark Bittman's book that I gave Cap and love the simplicity of the recipes. I'm feeling like rolling up my sleeves and doing some cooking!

(Thanks to Vinny who really helped right my ship this afternoon. I feel so much better after seeing him today.)

3 comments:

jet said...

We had a gorgeous purple sunset last night. I was wishing I could have found a spot to take a photo and then realized I was missing out on just enjoying the beauty of it. So, instead I just watched in wonder as it changed colors.

Julie_c said...

Oh potato salad - how I love thee! I just ordered a cookbook (yeast free cooking) that said it had a recipe for maonaisse (man - how do you spell that word?) so if I master that I may try to make some potato salad and maybe, just maybe Mike and Cam will try it.

shirley said...

Mayo is surprisingly easy to make and delicious (the texture is completely unlike any bottled mayonnaise).

I used to make it all the time when we lived in Plympton (we had no shortage of fresh eggs there :-)

I'll admit that since then, I've gone for the convenience of having a big jar in the fridge that won't go bad (freshly made mayo stays good in the fridge for about a week, maybe a little less).

We all love the stuff and use a lot of it, so the convenience pays off.

Good luck!