Saturday, May 17, 2008
Walk in the rain
Sandy came over yesterday to play and then babysit. She took the train over so we took a walk in the rain to meet her at the station.
We saw many blooms, but this peony (one of dozens on three or four huge bushes) reminded me I had a camera on me.
It was coming down pretty hard on our walk home. But we were equipped with wide brims and rain pants. Though the temps were not quite balmy, there was definitely a gentle, spring-like quality to the rain.
By the time we were halfway home First had pulled down his hood fully baptizing himself with the spirit of the outdoors. Running and sliding splashes in each oversized puddle for whole body anointment all the way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I wonder when the age is when instead of running, full force, through a puddle you avoid it so your pants don't get wet? I'm glad your boys aren't there yet!!!
Rain pants are a great thing. They allow the kids to splash about all they want and really stay quite dry.
Post a Comment