Friday, May 30, 2008

Bit o'blindside

In the pre-conference chatter on the Unschooling Conference Yahoo group, some veteran attendees warned that after returning home from the conference there would inevitably be some bumpy landings including grumpiness and sickness.

Kinder experienced the grumpiness in our family (he had a couple of meltdowns every day till yesterday) and I got sick (which really surprised me)!

Very suddenly, on Wednesday night, my stomach/gut started to cramp up and I was sick for the next 24 hours. The worst has passed, but this morning I am weak and really sore, especially in my back.

The bummer is that I am not going camping this weekend. Our shelter would be pretty close to the bathrooms, but I have a feeling as my system adjusts to eating and drinking again, that I would do better to be...closer. I'd also not have the energy to do much activity.

I think First is staying home with me, but Kinder is raring to go.

1 comment:

jet said...

I think you experienced the grumpiness and sickness of public schools :p

But seriously, I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. I had that stomach virus a few weeks ago, not fun. On the positive side, I lost 5 pounds (unfortunately, I gained 10 when I could eat again). Hopefully, you can schedule another camping trip for the whole family.

Thanks for the blog comments!