Materials:
yummy bear vitamins
Bragg's
water
hemp peppermint castile soap
rosemary essential oil
blue magic sand (silicon dioxide)
index card
piece of paper towel roll
seltzer
Tools:
mini-test tubes
teaspoon
dropper
scissors
knife
cutting board
Procedure:
1) cut vitamins to fit into test tubes (1/4 pieces)
2) shred and place a piece of paper towel roll into test tubes with vitamin pieces
3) put some magic sand into each test tube using a teaspoon - be careful not to get it in your eyes
4) cut index card into tiny pieces and put into test tubes
5) add a drop of rosemary essential oil to each test tube
6) add drops of Bragg's into test tubes
7) add some water - next time use a dropper!
8) add a drop of soap to each test tube
9) pour seltzer into a cup
10) use a dropper to put a drop of seltzer into each test tube
11) use a magnifying glass to see what happens
Observations:
• the dry stuff is getting mushy
• tiny salt looking dots on the paper towel roll
• liquid is cloudy not clear
• liquid is overflowing
• smell of rosemary
3 comments:
Were you guys just experimenting or were you looking for specific results?
I don't know.
I was the note taker and photographer for this one.
The one suggestion I made was varying one of the variables since there were so many test tubes. That suggestion was not taken :-)
My goal today, once First decided he wanted to "do an experiment" was to model a way to structure and organize data and observation.
Kinder's the one who typically mixes stuff up, it was interesting that inspiration struck First today.
Another interesting thing I noticed was how closely connected, experientially, "experiments" are to cooking for these guys.
First was calling what I ended up referring to as "materials", ingredients, as he was working.
Post a Comment