I asked Dr. Vinny about PMS today.
He said that mood is closely linked to the liver. He recommended the inside the leg massage that Dr. Lu had prescribed for me earlier this winter. I haven't yet begun doing this on my own. As Vinny pointed out, sometimes this TCM stuff is so simple that we don't do it. It's a puzzle.
I'm supposed to be using a brush (bristle side on the leg) and vigorously massaging up and down the inside of my leg, as high up as I can go.
He also suggested massaging the perineum (the area between the vajayjay and the anus) and that if there is a tender spot there to really work it.
He said that the mood part of PMS is a tough one which was actually comforting. It would suck to know that there are easy solutions that none of us know about.
I've noticed that since inviting TCM into my life back in the fall, my period issues have improved. Most noticeably, my flow is now consistently heavy for two days and then very light for four or five days (I've always been a seven day gal). The clottiness seems to happen every other cycle which I will follow more closely to see if it's true.
So, the heavy flow and clots haven't gone away, but they are much more controlled.
I do have crampiness for the first day which makes me consider going back on calcium-magnesium supplements for the two weeks leading up to my period because that has helped in the past.
For the moods, I'm going to go back on evening primrose oil for the two weeks leading up to my period. This cycle I was thrown off by being sick which made the thought of taking the supplements unappetizing.
I'm going to give the liver-friendly massaging a go, as well.
2 comments:
You're a very open person. :)
About many things, yes, I am open. I wish that that translated more smoothly into being easy-going.
Post a Comment