By afternoon the kids and I were playing card games and Cap realized it was a bit too cold and windy for any lengthy outdoor play time (unlike last Sunday).
So, I took the bull by the horns and suggested a trip to the library, which the kids readily agreed to.
A week or two ago, I put a notebook and pen into our library book basket (a basket which holds whatever library books we currently have out) so that we could jot down titles or authors, as we thought of them, to look for on our next trip to the library. The kids were eager to get a copy of The Lorax which they had recently discovered through a card game we have at home.
By the time we got dressed (oh yes it was a pajama day) and headed out the door, the sky was looking ominous. And sure enough, it started to snow just then. The flakes, the fresh air, the biting wind, it made us all giddy and we started playing with the basketball, the umbrella and the camera.
We did eventually make it to the library. We ran into Donna and Daniel, we filled our bag with books and dvds. Then we headed up to Cap's office and picked up his old Playmobil toys which included some furniture which looks awesome in its new location, on the second floor of the Playmo house.
Okay. Another way to get fresh air, is by laughing. Go to Youtube and search for Sarah Silverman and Matt Damon. Then search for Beastie Boys and Richard Scarry.
Happy Sunday!
8 comments:
I'm not much of a fan of Sarah Silverman's but I have to say I found this video very funny. I wasn't much of a Matt Damon fan in his early years but the older he gets the more I like him. Thanks for sharing.
The Lorax is one of our favorites. My brother can recite the entire book by heart. Did they like it?
First read it to himself and seemed to like it a lot. I haven't picked it up yet.
Are you back from England? When are you flying back? Folks are beginning to ask....
Yes, we just spent a weekend in England. Photos of Stonehenge and Avebury are up on Trois Elephants... We are flying back the 29th. Less than 3 weeks!
I read about the Silverman/Damon vid in ET and thought it was hilarious. I keep singing the song, "In the bed, on the floor, on the towel by the door..."
Hi - Is it my age? I don't get the humor in the Sarah Silverman/Matt Damon video... what makes it funny? I know nothing about Sarah Silverman, but I am a huge Matt Damon fan.
Susan
Sarah Silverman is one of those comedians whose bits people either love or hate (I've loved some and hated others).
One of her trademarks is juxtaposing her "innocent" look/demeanor with really "nasty" language/statements.
I credit SS with the idea for this video, but really love it for Matt's gusto.
Thanks, Shirley for the explanation! I guess it's not so much of a joke when it has to be explained to someone; also, since I am not familiar with SS, I didn't know her framework.
Thanks.
Susan
Post a Comment