Yesterday I cleaned and did some pre-emptive cooking in the morning using the veggies from Evie and Jake's garden and then the kids and I spent the day with Anna and Lukas. Silke and Roger (their parents) joined us for dinner. It was a nice, long, full day.
I had a rare hour and a half alone this morning as I managed to slip out of bed without the kids waking. Got the dishes from the drying rack and dishwasher put away, sipped on my ginger-lemon-honey tonic tea, steamed/roasted some beets from Evie and Jake's garden with garlic, lemon and dill, and ate some oatmeal. (Brent cooked some Irish (therefore safely GF) quick oats for breakfast Sunday morning which reminded me I had bought some awhile back. They were fast and yummy, I'm looking forward to making some for the kids next time.)
I walked down to B. Avenue to get my haircut (not wild about it, an "in between" cut). On the walk home I stopped at the Y to get my pic taken and get an ID card, at the eye doc's to get my glasses adjusted, and at Danielle's, who wasn't home.
After lunch the kids and I drove Cap up to school and stopped at M. Park to play a game of wiffle ball (much more spacious than our yard). Yet another great gift from Mummu. There was someone playing their bagpipe the whole time we played, the sun was shining, the breeze alternated between balmy and cool, frolicking on a "Little House" type of hilly lawn, it was fantastic. (The Aliens, First and Kinder's team, won today's game 14-13. The Pink Scarves, my team, won yesterday's 1-0.)
Then we skedoodled over to the kids' first appointment with Dr.Vinny (Dr. Lu's assisting doc). Kinder turned into Massively Silly Boy and was relentless in his antics for the hour we were there. It was so unexpected, I was thrown for a loop. Vinny was unfazed, I kind of retreated in embarrassment and flummoxment. It didn't feel good since I couldn't really fully retreat being the only parent there.
First, after some initial trepidation, was practially drooling while getting his back massaged and worked on. Kinder could barely stay still during his treatment. He was much more into climbing on Vinny, spinning around in his chair, or, no joke, tipping the garbage can over spilling its contents onto the carpet.
When I asked him about it tonight as I lay down with him in the dark (my third attempt to talk to him about it), he said he was nervous and just couldn't stay still. But, he was not nervous about going back, which was good to hear.
After dinner, Kinder took a bath (I've begun having them alternate bath nights again so that they can stretch out in the tub and relax more) and First continued picking up (they are doing really well with this these days). They watched an episode of Blue's Room off a Netflix dvd (it still freaks me out to see Blue talk) and then we read "The Dancing Cow" chapter of Mary Poppins which was a lot of fun.
Cap's got a cold which is no fun, hopefully, his won't last as long as mine did. Hmmm...I look a bit pale in this pic. I think it may be due to the clots I dropped last night. I've been having a different (better in most ways) period this cycle with Dr. Lu's treatment. I was surprised to see the clots again, the likes of which I haven't seen since Sac.
3 comments:
You look like Sandy in this pic.
~B
Glad you had a nice time up north. Missed you all yesterday at the Library. I like your haircut. It frames your face nicely. Vinny is un-flummuxable, pretty much, and does things way more embarrassing than your kids could ever do. (Trust me on this one.) Brevity is my necessity due to being pooped. Nice reading, as always. Love, Kelly
Yeah, the consensus is that my haircut makes me look like Sandy (my sister).
Post a Comment