Monday, September 03, 2007

End of summer

It's Labor Day. Outside, there's a wind blowing through the oak and maple trees. Kinder's drawing papers were being blown about and we had to close the windows. I love this kind of cool and breezy morning.

I am being dogged by this cold/seasonal allergy. I've had an annoying cough for days (causing squirting...) and yesterday I was pooped again and spent most of the day reading Donna's Curriculum Overview or zoning out in front of the tv.

Sometime last night or this morning, in dreamtime, I remembered that I hadn't made any of the homemade tea remedy that Dr. Lu (the acupuncturist) had recommended I drink daily. I'm sipping it now. A few pieces of fresh ginger (peeled and sliced), a few squeezes of fresh lemon juice, a dollop of NJ honey, all steeped in some hot water.

I've been watching episodes of Dexter and Brotherhood on Showtime on Demand. I like both...they are like apples and oranges.

It was a relief to see that Michael C. Hall, who played David (the middle child) on Six Feet Under (a show I love), was able to pull off (in my eyes) the transition to another character, and pull together a nice ensemble cast as the lead (Dexter).

Brotherhood was mentioned in Dalton Ross' column in EW this week and so I checked it out. It takes place in Providence...it's kind of like The Wire, but in Providence, and on a much smaller scale, focusing on an Irish-American family/community.

Mmm. This tea feels very curative.

Baxter comes today for a week while Takai, Lisa and Ellie head down to Myrtle Beach for vacation.

No comments: