I finally made it over to our local children's consignment shop and struck gold. I so should have gone there before trekking out to the mall where I had been utterly (and unsurprisingly) let down.
Almost done with fall/winter kid clothing gathering. I'm checking out the local Marshalls for the first time today. The Target stuff I've bought and they've worn in the last year did not hold up well. The Land's End shoes haven't either. I miss the days of having so many hand-me-downs we didn't have to buy clothes for the kids.
It was with relief and a smile that I saw Cap's first paycheck of the fall had been direct deposited into the account yesterday. After months of waiting for our tax refunds, I recently discovered that I had had them direct deposited. $700 came and went without my comprehension (frack!)---no wonder I felt like I could spend some money on myself earlier this summer (a summer nightgown, a pink and red muumuu, deluxe slippers from the Vermont Country Store).
Yes, now I'm paying closer attention to lines other than the balance when I check on our funds online.
No comments:
Post a Comment