Cap and I watched Slither and Inside Man last week.
Slither was reminiscent of Tremors. Alien horror with lots of tongue in cheek laughs. Nathan Fillion was in it and I love him. That's all one really needs to know. He was Caleb towards the end of Buffy and Mal in Firefly/Serenity. I give Slither four stars though it is not for folks who don't like "Alien" type gore. Barbra will have to watch it with remote in hand. If she watches it at all.
Inside Man was great. The opening sequence setting the scene in Manhattan was beautifully done. You had no doubt about where you were, but it was shot in a very fresh way, making me feel like I was seeing the city from a completely new perspective. What a gift it is to have been able to see so many of Spike Lee's movies as a contemporary.
Clive Owen was the best I've seen of him yet. (Did I really see him on Boston Legal the other night? Karen, Brent and I were all kind of bleary-eyed and I couldn't decide definitively.) Jodie Foster was pretty stunning, making an impression in a small, but pivotal role. And Denzel, well he just shone. He flexed those chops and his body just sang throughout the performance. And Ziggy, from The Wire season 2 was in it!
I give it four stars, too. There was one niggling question which was a distraction after the movie ended which held it back from five star status.
2 comments:
No way I'm watching slither. I can barely watch Buffy...(the Halloween episode in season 4 was too much for me!)
I thought Inside Man was great too. And such a different kind of Spike Lee movie.
Post a Comment