We slept in-ish and the morning for Sag and me started off with a wicked bloody nose for him. The second within a week. Eventually we moved on to a leisurely breakfast and a kitchen clean up for me.
Then I read three chapters of Wildwood to them. The story is picking up some steam. The suspense is making Gem a bit edgy.
For lunch, I made, among other things, fries. We got a pound and a half of beautiful fingerling potatoes in our CSA share yesterday. I love how this farm fresh produce just calls to be made into something yummy.
I cut them, coated them in olive oil, and baked them for about 25 minutes at 450º. Salted them before serving. The kids loved them. I had a few, too. (I am generally avoiding potatoes and corn.)
Stay well, my peeps. One of us has a cold, two of us are fighting it off.
4 comments:
Yanno - I've been lazy about french fries. Now that I can buy them frozen from Trader Joe's I haven't made them fresh in ages. Boo me. Those look good though.
Sorry it's gloomy down there. We're actually having a lovely day.
I'll try to send some sun your way tomorrow.
I would appreciate that :-)
Oh we should've bought stock in frozen fries awhile ago, for how many bags we've bought and consumed over the years...these were super easy and good, so I'll be making them from scratch more often!
Gloomy here too. I'm fixing it with . . . . sugar (argh).
(((((((Shannon))))))) Hope getting some rest the remaining days of the week will help you feel better!
Post a Comment