Saturday, February 05, 2011

We've landed

"to do" post-it Gem left on the tv.

they wasted no time getting to know their individual screens.

"I had no idea clouds are so close to land..."

flying over Russia caused much excitement.

stayed awake for the whole 14 hours!

at Narita taking a picture of our plane.

Wow.  Love my dad's apartment.  Can't wait till morning to take in the views.  Sag made it through the 1.5 hour bus ride but conked out during the cab ride, our final leg of the trip.  He went right to bed once we got to my dad's (6:30pm Japan time...4:30am EST).

Gem and I are hanging out on the super soft sheepskin on the living room couch waiting for Cap and my dad to come back from the market.  Soon we will have dinner and then go to bed.

The flight, though long, was very smooth.  The kids and I were lucky enough to have bulkhead seats which made the trip comfortable.  I watched the Social Network and Unstoppable, both which were great genre pieces.

More soon, thanks for all the positive vibes which got us here safe and sound y'all!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I love that first morning in a new and foreign place - that first glimpse out of the window onto a landscape not your own. Life is so full of possibility!

Love to all of you :0

shirley said...

Lovely point. xoxo

P.S. We've all been up since 3:30am!

Shannon said...

Awesome! Man, that's a long flight.

shirley said...

Yeah 14 hrs on a plane is crazy any way you look at it. My dad's a super frequent flyer and we were flying on tix he bought so we had sweet bulkhead seats which made a world of difference!