Hopped on the liquid caffeine, gluten and dairy train and boy do I feel crappy.
• once I step on...it's almost always an express making no local stops.
• kind of like PMS (and kind of not), it brings to the fore underlying unpleasant unmooring.
Accounting work today.
3 comments:
I'm with you there, lol! Often when I'm sick (like this week) I start craving utter crap. So I give in. It seems weird that when my body most needs healthy fare, I'm giving it junk. Maybe I figure I feel like crap anyway, might as well eat the treats?
But then, I made sure my kids ate healthy and they were both sicker longer and more severely than I was this time around. Hmmmm.
Maybe next time I'm sick I'll give in and have that Coke I was *really* jonesing for this week ;-) (also second guessing the ice cream the kids have been begging for for days that I've been saying no to since they're sick . . . )
This is one of my longterm dilemmas/struggles: I believe that when our bodies are craving something, we should listen and give it what it wants (I think a relatively healthy body always speaks the truth.) (ie. give those kids some ice cream! :-)
But, once I start, it's hard to stop (for me, I think my mind steps in very sneakily and it no longer becomes about my body craving something, but my mind demanding it) and then I start feeling crappy bc my body becomes overloaded with whatever it is: dairy, sugar, caffeine...
Hmmm....comment..."One Bowl" eating...if your body craves it, then have it, but mindfully, slowly, taking small bites, paying attention, see what about it you are craving...
I know for me often the unmindful eating is about filling the hunger, wanting to feel 'full', and my mind rebels against slow, mindful eating....
And I agree that the mind steps in and takes over.
Post a Comment