Sunday, November 15, 2009

Good morning




Woke up to this, my first "Art of the Day" (which truth be told is "Art of the Refreshed Moment").  I love it.  I think about Magritte only when I see a painting of his...kind of like Dalí (some of whose work I also love.)  Surrealism.  Something to learn more about.


The Omnivore's Dilemma for young people (ages 8-12).  Interesting.  Gem is of an age/developmental place now that I think he may enjoy a book like this or Howard Zinn's A Young People's History of the United States.


Yesterday I finally got off my mental ass and helped Sag get started with completing one of his stop motion movies.  We had run into a snag in production months ago when it was realized that iMovie 09 (the version that came on our new computer) does not support the making of stop motion movies (you can't get the frames to less than 1 frame per second).

It's taken me a long time to get past that obstacle.  It hasn't stopped him from shooting his movies, but they've all been languishing 'on the shelf', so to speak.

Googled for info and discovered there's freeware called "Frame By Frame" on the Apple site.  Downloaded that and uploaded "Indiana Jones and the Hunt for the Crystal Skull" in (Barbra will be excited to know it is the one she directed :-)

Once you get it to the frames per second you want, you then upload that into Quicktime.  And from there, you can upload it into iMovie to add various audio and visual effects.

All of which, Sag did.  He spent a few hours, on and off, on this project yesterday.  Cap helped him navigate through Quicktime and iMovie, and I helped him find and upload some sound effects (check this site out for free sound effects!)

Sag was soaking it all up like a sponge.  I anticipate a slew of Sag productions coming our way for Holiday 2009, into 2010, and beyond :-)

Cap and I are going out tonight.  Dinner (restaurant TBA) and Neko Case at The Wellmont (a local renovated theater).  Looking forward to it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excited to hear about progress on the movie front. Is it being posted somewhere? Love to see the finished product!