Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Treasures

This pail of cash has been sitting in a corner of our home for a week or so. I leave it there, forgotten by the children, because it always makes me smile. The pot at the end of our rainbow.

Sag's new toy. A prop that helps him plumb the depths of his soul with sweeping hums.

A recent Gem creation. The leaf was found while at the playground over the weekend. Modeling clay with Saskia in New Hampshire has sparked a trend back home.

Our red chair. This is where I knit. Gem has barely budged from it today between reading and watching tv.

The original trilogy. On loan from Sandy and Mike (my sister and her hubby). They are on high rotation.

5 comments:

JET said...

When my nephews were young I had gotten them into the Star Wars movies. I have the VHS tapes, DVDs and the Special Edition DVD collection of the first 3 Star Wars (aka, episodes 4, 5,& 6). And so began my crush on Harrison Ford!!

jet said...

Did I mention that I have a pile of cash in the corner of my apartment. Oh wait, that's a pile of TRASH...my mistake!

Julie_c said...

All the neighborhood boys are into their Star Wars light sabers around here,too. Three of them even did a scene from Star Wars at the talent show. Which sparked a number of other children requesting stage time for similar acts - which I had to decline - sorry kids. Only one light saber act per show.

I'm the Simon Cowell of block party talent shows.

Susan Gurry said...

Hi Shirley,

You have raised my expectations for an almost daily blog; when it's been a few days, I am sorely disappointed! I LOVE your stories about the kids and homeschooling, and the stories have sent me, a teacher educator, to web sites on "unschooling" and "homeschooling" to learn more about it.

So I am learning at home about homeschooling now; I student taught in Syracuse twice in a 'free school' (now it would be called a democratic school) so I feel connected to the concerns...a little belatedly.

Susan

shirley said...

Hey Sue,

I love hearing back that friends are reading the blog :-)

I will do my best to post more regularly!

These seasonal transition times are demanding on my system...I've been going to bed earlier the last week or so which really cuts into the time I have alone.