Monday, September 22, 2008

A thought on my knitting

In 2009 I am planning on knitting almost exclusively for myself. I want to try knitting different things and do more exploratory knitting...trying different yarns, techniques, and patterns.

This will help me destash (use up yarn I already have) and add a new and welcome dimension to this past time---creativity.

I am nearing the end of my first year of active knitting. It all began with a scarf for Cap. After I finish the last of my gift knitting in the next few weeks, I will be bidding adieu to the Year of the Birthday Scarf :-)

2 comments:

Julie_c said...

I think that's a great idea, Shirl. It's wonderful to make gifts for others, but it's also important to be able to say - this is either for me or just to do - and make it about the item and your own creativity - not about an end ownership. i think it will be a great year of knitting for you.

shirley said...

Thanks Jules, I am *really* looking forward to it---after I get to your scarf, of course ;-) You have had to wait the longest of all....