Gem said, "what's next?" He's been waiting on a hat for a while. He's going to have to wait just a wee bit longer. I need simpler projects to take with me on the plane. Scarves. One for Julie, one for Danielle. The yarn is picked out (I took D to one of the shops in town so she could pick her yarn which was a lot of fun), I just need to think on patterns and select the needles.
That will be it for birthday scarves.
I am so excited about going to the yarn stores in Oakland and SF. I flipped through my two sock books last night. There are some patterns I want to try. Though my first pair will be a straightforward pair. But, it looks like I'll need in the range of 500 yds. of yarn, regardless, which is what I needed to know.
Hum, hum :-)
I'm also thinking about going to the NYS Sheep and Fiber Fest in October, also known as "Rhinebeck" in the knitting community. What a treat it would be to go and buy yarn for myself. I can barely contain myself. It's all I'll be thinking about once this fab trip to Cali is history.
Have to get dressed to get me and Gem to Vinny's for some body work!
2 comments:
Congrats on the completion of the secret project! Oooh, how I'd love to get a peek at it before you go!
The Fiber fest sounds fun, too. I'll have to get the details from you.
I've got "Vinny envy!"
Love, Kelly
Vinny is good for the universe. And, he'd be good for you---get thee to Vinny!!
Post a Comment