
Baxter was here for a week. I miss taking him for mid-day walks. First said he missed him a few days after he was gone. I wonder if we'll have a pet of our own some day.

The kids had a good time at Owen's birthday party. They opted not to do the rock wall climbing, but enjoyed climbing on cubbies in the cake room. Here's a cool party favor.

Cap took the kids to the spring craft and bake sale. First bought this nifty sword made of duct tape (created by the same kids who made the duct tape crown we bought last year).

The kids sold some of their Ben 10 wares and some necklaces we put together last minute...

It's "Fashion Week" at Playmobil House this week. The audience is waiting in rapt attention.

First has been reading and reading and reading and reading. I haven't snapped a picture of him in bed at night. There's something sacred about that time and space. The reading lamps from Ikea have been working out brilliantly. First would read well into the deep night if he could (and he will soon enough realize that he can, no doubt).

I recently forced the kids to do a major clean up of their room. It's one of those things I go back and forth on. But ultimately, my inner neatnik becomes shrill and I insist. The surprise this time has been that Kinder has been singing the praises of having a clean room. That he is the one making efforts to keep it that way is shocking and exciting.
Both the kids have been reaping the benefits of discovering and rediscovering items which are visible and in reach once again.
Kinder pulled out this book/kit which was a gift from Malachi, Erika and Jerry. They had never played with them before and spent the better part of the morning exploring the pleasures and possibilities of paper dolls.
2 comments:
cool and coool
OMG - Fashion week!!!
Cam's not quite the reader First is, but he loves his Spiderman comic books and Michael gave him a flashlight so he could read them after bedtime.
Post a Comment