Wednesday, May 14, 2008

So far today

• I've been teased and intrigued by feelings and fleeting images from an early morning dream.

• I felt the sting of higher food prices at (granted) Whole Paycheck.

• I made the Dark Chocolate Brownies from Gluten-Free Goddess' blog, (thanks Kelly!)

• We babysat Pippa for an hour during which time I watched in wonder as Kinder comforted her effortlessly and even made her laugh with a sock over his hand.

• I've been reading, with growing excitement and anticipation, the posts flowing into the Northeast Unschooling conference Yahoo group (the conference is Memorial Day weekend and will be our first conference as a family).

• After lunch, the kids dove into the big bag of Dum Dums that Mummu gave them over the weekend.

3 comments:

Holly said...

I didn't know there was a yahoo group for the conference. What's it called? I did a search but only found one for kids and teens - is that what you're talking about?
Thanks!
*h

Julie_c said...

Oh man - those brownies look goooood. And I can imagine how cute Kinder was in his impromptu sock puppet show. Fun!

shirley said...

I'm telling you, these brownies kick ass. In an ultimate way.

I ate one last night while catching up on Battlestar Galactica Season 3 and it was so satisfying...

(I started watching Season 4 which is airing now and quickly realized I had missed a whole season---doh!)

Apparently they freeze well, so you can make a batch and eat them only when you need a pick me up.

Holly, I sent you an e-mail with the info about the conference e-mail list.