Our beautiful salt crystal light, a gift from a trip to the Monterey Aquarium with my parents a few years ago, has not worked since a freak accident knocked it off the dresser and onto the floor shortly after we moved here.
Today, I pulled out the bulb, switched it on to see what would happen, and there was light. As if all it had needed was some time off. So I tucked the bulb back in and its lovely glow nourishes once again. (The kids like to lick it :-)
This is a new night light I picked out at Ikea a couple of months ago. The bulbs were dropped at check-out (our fault---it was self check-out) and they didn't work once we were home.
One of us finally got a replacement bulb at the hardware store a week ago.
And today, I finally put the bulb in and set the light up. The bulb was tricky. It's one of those 25 watt chandelier type bulbs. It took awhile and some unconscious finesse (you know, when it finally works and you really don't know what it was exactly that you did differently).
And this is one of the amazing reading lamps that has changed night time around here. I still haven't taken a pic of the kids reading at night... I love these. They are mounted right on the wall at each kid's bunkside.
1 comment:
LET THERE BE LIGHT!
Although I have to saw the thought of the boys licking a lamp definitely qualifies as bizarre. Hmmmm?
I bet they love the bedside lights though.
Post a Comment