First is sick. Just sick enough that he's been tucked into the living room couch all day. He is snoozing there now. He has mostly been reading comic books, watching some Noggin (my insistence on content having to be "gentle") and nibbling on rice, quinoa and apple sauce. And drinking chamomile tea with honey, and apple juice.
His throat was hurting and when I looked into it this morning it looked swollen. I think it's his tonsils (I had a tonsillectomy in first grade because mine would get repeatedly inflamed and caused me, and my mom no doubt, much trouble.)
Olivia ended up sick last night so Karen and co. canceled their trip down (K&B were supposed to see the Carolina Chocolate Drops tonight in NYC).
I worked on my dresser today. Surprisingly labor intensive for such a finite space. The top of the dresser was like a dusty, old attic overstuffed with generations' worth of treasure and trash. The odd and familiar were both represented. And the dust. Oy vey.
First wanted me close periodically so I read some of the book I started last night, Momo by Michael Ende (well known for penning his other book, The Neverending Story). I'm enjoying it. It has similarities to Stardust, which I loved. Someone posted to one of the Waldorf homeschooling sites about Momo so I got it through the library.
I also read aloud some of the Magic Treehouse book that Kinder got from the library.
Back to the dresser (back and forth went the work today). I ended up going through my clothes because I thought I might be able to make space in one of the drawers for my big, old, vinyl-covered jewelry box from the seventies and my basket of hair things.
I was. But, I need to go through it at some point. There is some old stuff in there. It felt heavy as I placed it in the drawer. I hope the bottom of the drawer doesn't fall out...
The Pats are on tonight. Cap and Kinder went out to the store for supplies. I decided to splurge. Kinder's getting an Amy's frozen pizza and Cap and I will make deluxe nachos with Jack cheese, and guacamole for me. I asked them to get some strawberry applesauce for First.
I realized today that I haven't been outside in days. I do that sometimes. My appt with Dr. Vinny was postponed yesterday so I did not leave the house as planned. It is winter, even if it is 50 degrees out. My instinct is to nest.
But, it explains the restlessness that kicked in last night. Cap and I watched the first two episodes of The Wire's new season and I kept getting up to go to the kitchen. Some cereal here, some nuts there, oh, there's some leftover popcorn. Restless noshing.
2 comments:
Sorry to hear First is sick. I hope he's feeling a little better today. Mike watched the game too, but when he's antsy and watching a game in the living room - he cleans. So I came down this morning to a tidy living room - delightful!
I'm watching Season 4 of the Wire - so let me know ahead of time if you're going to discuss plot in the blog. Give me a spoiler alert! I love it!
I will do my very best to give spoiler alerts. I don't expect I'll be talking about The Wire much, but I never know what will inspire me when....
First has strep throat! I wondered if it was chicken pox at one point, but it was confirmed today that it is strep. He's got a nasty rash all over his neck and back and some on his legs and chest.
I don't often give the kids antibiotics, but this time, it was a no brainer.
Post a Comment