Friday, January 04, 2008

"We're going to the closet..."

On the PBS kids' show Zoboomafoo, there's a bit where the Kratt brothers head to their closet to get the gear they need for their next animal adventure. Inevitably, they open the closet door and all the crap they've stuffed in there falls on top and all over them, literally burying them. Mayhem by mirth.

I pulled open my closet door back around Kinder's birthday/Thanksgiving and boy did the crap start tumbling down. Sometime around Christmas and our third trip up to Massachusetts in as many months, I was completely buried.

Today is the second day in a row without any outings planned, with nothing significantly out of the routine in the works. Kinder's got drumming this afternoon. That's it.

So my attention will be turned to sifting through the odds and ends that litter the floor of my mind and my apartment.

2 comments:

jet said...

I am in the same position. My stuff has spilled out of the closet, across the bedroom floor, into the hall, through the living room and right up to the front door! I really want to do a massive spring cleaning (winter cleaning)and simplify.

Take care.
jt

Anonymous said...

Hi Shirley,

I guess you've figured out one of the costs of at-home parenting -- the closet dilemma! How to keep the local closets from multiplying... it's a huge dilemma!

love,

Susan