Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Suggestions


Danielle dropped off my b-day gift yesterday afternoon. It was quite a treat. She remembered my delight with this bag a couple of weeks ago in Target. I love it. It was stuffed with thoughtful and funky kitchen supplies.

And a gift card to the book store. What a friend.

I have some ideas of books I want to read. Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman. The Lonesome Dove series by Larry McMurtry.

Since tightening up the finances, I've become more aware of a) how many books I actually own that I haven't read yet; and b) the pleasures and riches of the local used book shop.

So, I'm going to save this gift card for a moment that's not here yet. When inspiration (or, let's face it, depression) strikes and plucking a new book off the shelves of this wonderful book store is going to be the perfect answer.

And then I thought I'd see if anyone who reads this blog has any book recommendations. What have you read lately that has rocked your world?

3 comments:

Julie_c said...

Sounds like you're on the right track. (Love the spoon bag.)
I hope you had a very happy birthday!

Holly said...

Don't forget the library and inter-library loan, she says after having ordered a whole stack of books from Amazon Marketplace to be waiting for her when she gets back...

But I do love the library - it's also environmentally friendly!

shirley said...

Yes. Not mentioning the library was an oversight. I loved our library in Sacramento and haven't managed to cultivate a relationship remotely akin to it with the library here.

I'm actually going to the library today. I haven't been out in days and am running out the door at 10:00 for an hour by myself. Yay!