Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Happy birthday


It was Cap's birthday yesterday. He is now 43. He is a Capricorn (hence the blog nickname). He is so special, I am so lucky,



The kids each made him a puzzle to give him. Kinder used the last of the blank puzzles left over from his birthday party. First made one from paper. Kinder made him a sweet card, too, heart-themed.


I had to include this pic of the three of them. I mean, look at that DNA at work in the set of Cap and First's mouths. I laughed out loud when I saw this and called the kids over. First marveled at it, tickled by the truth.


Cap worked a bit around the house, including laundering the strep bug out of all the bedding (First had his first case of strep with scarlet fever diagnosed on Monday), the kids enjoyed lots of tv, and I spent the afternoon in the kitchen baking a yellow cake, frosting it with chocolate frosting, and whipping up baked scallops with butter and cracker crumbs (his mom's recipe).

We had a lovely dinner and Cap read to the kids from "Little Nemo" before they were sent off to bed. Cap and I watched a Japanese movie called Train Man which was great. A quirky tale of romance. (Cap discovered yesterday that our town library has an amazing foreign film selection.)

Happy birthday my love!

4 comments:

Jay said...

looks like a nice night, wish we could be spending more time with you all. Love the picture of your three boys.

JET said...

Happy Birthday to Cap!!

Before I read your caption below the photo of the boys I had the same reaction as you. They definitely have the same mouth!

Julie_c said...

That pic of the three of them is too funny. Just smile - Gosh darn it! ;)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Cap!

Funny, I thought the same thing as jet: Look at the resemblence in the set of the mouth! Ah genetics ...you just never know where and how they'll manifest :)

Fun pictures. Thanks for posting them!

Love, Kelly