Thursday, January 24, 2008

Fever


Kinder's got a fever. It came up on him so quick. Brought him to the doc this morning to rule out strep early and it appears to be a virus, unless it's appendicitis.

First took it upon himself to read to his brother which made me melt when I discovered them in their room.

I'm rethinking the ear thermometer we have. I don't doubt that he's got a raging fever. But, the readings this afternoon tipped 105 and as calm as I am, there is a part of me that freaks out when I see 105...

So, no celebration of his drumming tomorrow. We had planned for some friends and some family to join us at his class and then come over for pizza. Disappointing, but what are you going to do.

4 comments:

Holly said...

Oh, poor thing. I hope he feels better right quick. It seems like you guys have really been getting smacked with the sicknesses this season. I hope this is the last of it.
*h

shirley said...

Yeah, it does feel like we've been smacked. In my vulnerable moments I feel somehow responsible, which is not good.

Just last night, before Kinder's fever came on, we were at co-op dinner and I was ruefully saying the kids have been sick so many times this season, and someone piped right up defending the situation by explaining the importance of immune systems building their strength by fighting bugs.

It was reassuring to be reminded of the whole, of the balance.

JET said...

I hope Kinder is feeling better soon. I really love that his brother was reading to him and that you were able to capture it.

shirley said...

It is a blessing...really good luck that these boys get along as well as they do.

I've always thought that despite how much it must suck to be the younger sibling (Cap, First and I wouldn't know---we're all older/oldest), that Kinder has the good fortune of having had the love and attention of all three of us (and not just two) since being in this world.