We had a great weekend with Cameron, Julie and Mike. Cam is about a year younger than Kinder and the three of them had a lot of fun together. Cam loves playing with trains, dinos, water, and running around the apartment chasing kids so he fit right in. It's always nice seeing Kinder and First rediscovering old joys like their train set.
We also went to the zoo. The train ride, crocodile, cougars and otter were the highlights. It was summer hot, but of course the kids didn't mind and the adults caught shade when they could.
I kept my shoulder pain at bay with loads of ibuprofen, resorting to round the clock dosing. It is strange to suddenly feel so restricted. I took advantage of Cap being home for the weekend and really tried not to do anything requiring the use of two hands. He was a trooper and picked up the slack despite having missed a work deadline and having company over.
I loved walking into the kitchen late on Friday night and seeing him and Mike (friends from childhood) playing Blokus and listening to the Sox game.
My shoulder feels a bit better today. I have an appointment with an orthopedist tomorrow and an acupuncturist next week.
First lost the last of his loose teeth late last night (that's his tooth box in his hand). Off to put their pet eggs in some water. They should hatch in 12-24 hours. Thanks Julie :-)
2 comments:
Blokus is great! I am normally not a huge fan of abstract games, but for some reason this one hits the sweet spot. And N (now 3 1/2) plays it with us too. :-)
We have the travel version, given to us by our mathematician friend. Some day I'd like to get the "big" version. Our kids like it, too :-)
Post a Comment