Friday, June 14, 2013

A little ragged


An unfortunate second night in a row of not falling asleep till after 3 a.m.

At one point this morning, before any caffeine, my hands started shaking...which apart from being a little freaky, was a nuisance because I was in the midst of a kitchen-heavy day.

I dosed myself with a single cup of coffee...and have decided to heed the advice of three different friends and manage my caffeine consumption with intention the next few days.

I began tackling the motherlode of strawberries. Made jam and scones. Both with cane sugar, the scones gluten- free and vegan.




I had a magnificent brunch-for-one. Poached farm eggs, baby spinach with shallots/pine nuts/raisins (so delicious), and pickled radishes (very tart, great crunch).


I ran out to the supermarket early this morning for lemons (Gem wants to make strawberry lemonade) and baking provisions. I remembered Sag has been asking for Rogan Josh for weeks now (our meat guy has not had the cut of lamb though) and had the shop butcher make me up a package of stew meat.

It smells all sorts of amazing in here. I am looking forward to tucking into a bowl of Indian lamb stew for dinner.

Off to research freezing strawberries...and maybe gluten-free strawberry cake recipes.

Peace and love.

No comments: