The sturdy thing has moved with us from Cambridge to Plympton to Sacramento to here. It is of the style we favored for a long time after Cap and I coupled up: unfinished wood. The kids decided it would become Gem's. Sag was willing to roll the dice for a new one.
The new dresser is of our new style: Ikea. Gem has proclaimed (not with joy) that their room/our apartment is starting to look like an Ikea showroom. This dresser is so roomy I am a bit regretful we didn't think to get one sooner. No more jamming in clothes to recalcitrant drawers for them!
I think, finally, their room is "done". I'm sure the need/desire to tweak things now and again will arise, but there is a satisfying sense of completion, for now.
I leave you with a photo shot today (yesterday by the time you read this...we are doing another media-free day tomorrow...today by the time you read this). The kids and I went to the library and this was my view as we walked there from the parked car. They, our town, the world, our universe...so beautiful. I feel very lucky.
Peace and love.
3 comments:
Very colorful bottom photo. A fun happy image.
My brothers shared a room and whenever I think of their dresser drawers I think how cold their clothes were. The drawers were built into the wall. It meant that the drawers when closed went into the attic space which was not insulated and so in the winter the clothes were very cold.
And, I should add, how adorable is that first photo! I remember how heavy he was when I would "bounce" him to sleep while you were at your meetings.
Sending love and hugs :-)
Great story about your brothers' built-in dresser drawers!
Post a Comment