Sunday, March 02, 2008

A day in the city


The plating was appreciated, Iron Chef America fans that the kids and I are :-)


I don't like using forks, unless I'm using them as knives.


I'm full.


Auntie Sandy's birthday brunch.


Climbing


on


Alice


and


on


the big beautiful rocks of Central Park.


The temple of Dendur (as seen on Project Runway :-)


Taking the bus to our final destination


"Manhattan" Toys R Us...

The gods of weather, birthdays and little kids were smiling down on us. The ten degree boost in temps could really be felt by this mama (from below to above freezing) and I was grateful to see how the kids have matured in their ability to do some city walking.

Thank goodness for Project Runway because our other destination work of art, Washington Crossing The Delaware, was not open for viewing until 2010 when they expect to be done cleaning and restoring it.

Our NYC celebration of First's second birthday was at the Boathouse and the adults were waxing nostalgic about that day, amazed at the passage of time.

I experienced a new layer, of energy, confidence, and comfort driving in and out of the city. Cap was home in bed (poor guy send healthy wishes and vibes, please) and taking over the helm felt natural. I guess I'm home.

No comments: