I've been eating very small amounts of gluten here and there since coming off of Whole30 (which a slew of folks started today, including Shannon!)
After my session with Vinny this afternoon (neck and shoulders very tight again, but he was excited about my sleep change and upbeat mood), I took the kids to the comic book store since Cap is pulling a late-nighter getting the editing done for camp. This is exactly the kind of thing I haven't had the energy for this summer. But, today, I was completely up for it.
As we were driving home, I realized we'd be driving right by The Pie Store. I had dinner set for the kids and Cap wasn't going to be home for dinner. If I had given my brain a moment to breathe, I would have thought: I have leftover braised cabbage...liverwurst...eggs...a beautiful head of lettuce from the farm. But, something in my mind started dancing. I wanted a savory pasty.
I picked up two sweet potato and blue cheese and onion pasties. One for my upstairs neighbor, who loves them, and one for me. He was so pleased, his joy was totally worth it.
And for me? Now I know. A pasty is way too much of a gluten hit. My mind feels woozy, my head heavy. My stomach is so bloated. Blech.
Now I know.
: : : : : :
Earlier today I thought: I could stop watching the Olympics and my world would not end. The novelty has definitely lost some of its luster. In no small part because of frakkin' NBC and their heavy-handed grubby coverage. In this age of internet streaming, something has to shift.
I think the two events Sag is really looking forward to start soon: trampoline and rhythmic gymnastics. I will check the listings for those and record...but otherwise, I have 3/4 of a mind to watch last week's Burn Notice or start my "new" and therefore non-renewable library book.
: : : : : :
Our new-to-us reconditioned Vitamix was either delivered to the wrong porch or lifted off of ours (within the short span of ten to fifteen minutes). UPS said take it up with Vitamix, but it was too late to call them once I realized the package was AWOL. I have no idea what will happen. Will it show up tomorrow or in the next few days? Will Vitamix send another one? Will we simply be out a few hundred dollars? (Yep, they are that expensive.) Not the way I wanted my long and patient journey to a Vitamix to come to an end. Fingers crossed.
: : : : : :
Peace and love.
1 comment:
Sorry about the Vitamix....maybe it will show up. Our neighbor had a composting bin delivered to her porch and it got stolen, then left on the corner because it was not an electronic device, so she got it back. And it sure sounds like sugar/gluten are not friends of yours!
And I've been watching selected events of the Olympics...I can't watch TY and sew at the same time, so both are taking a little back seat....
love the photo of your boys as Olympic swimmers!
Post a Comment