There is something mysterious and wonderful about the bonds of cousins. There is a familiarity to relating which is similar to that which exists with siblings, but I am convinced somehow the ease is simpler...more fast. In a way that is rarer amongst siblings.
Our guys are the oldest of their cousins (Cap and I are, too, of our respective cousin clans) and with their maturation into tweendom and cusp-of-tweendom, their appreciation and enjoyment of their cousins has deepened. They love spending time with them and find them much less annoying as they have developed the capacities to deal with the unpredictability of young children (three of their cousins have been concurrently maturing, as well).


2 comments:
So cute. It's great to see them enjoying each other's company. Most of my childhood memories involve my cousins as we were always doing things together. Plus, summers spent at Saquish with them. I still enjoy hanging out with my cousins whenever possible.
I love the family portrait (the photograph.) I kind wish I could have jumped in a time machine, snapped that shot, then gone back 2 months and painted it. You're all in the same light!!! ;)
Post a Comment