This morning I spent time exploring new consumer-scapes. Insurance and cell phones.
Specifically, life insurance, renter's insurance, pre-paid month-to-month cell service, and smart phones.
While I don't have a headache, I am finding the journey unpleasant. If it's not something I'm into (like yarn or books), I could care less about having choice/the process of choosing. I don't derive pleasure from bargain hunting/comparison shopping like some folks do. But, because managing our money well for us is one of my most important jobs, shop around I must.
I'm going to get quotes for insurance from 5 companies and then go for the best package. But, I realized while on the phone with the first agent that I didn't even know how much life insurance I wanted. With her, I settled on 75K renter's insurance and 500K/250K life insurance for the hubs and me. Feel free to chime in with your opinions. I have yet to receive her e-mail with the worked up quotes.
The cell service I've been working on for a bit longer than just today and based on a strong recommendation from Stephen, I'm leaning towards Virgin Mobile. Smart phones? Not as simple. There is such a variety at different prices, you can buy phones on the Virgin website, or not...
Times like this I would really much rather someone tell me: "go with this company and buy this and you'll be all set."
2 comments:
Hi,
Man, I totally relate to this post! Whenever Neal starts talking about insurance or refinancing, I want to put my fingers in my ears and say,"Blah Blah Blah Blah" in a child's voice....right now we are trying to refinance our house AND pay for Mic's college...tonight (BORING) have to redo our budget...after a nervous trip to the bank....blah blah blah blah blah
Good luck, Sue. Paying for college...oy!...not looking forward to that...
Post a Comment