Saturday, May 23, 2009

Early morning

I've been going to bed earlier, around 9:30, to rest up before starting Dragon's Way. It's recommended you get about 8 hours of sleep at night and to take naps and do as much "nothing" as you can during the day.

The past two mornings I've woken up early. 5:30 yesterday, 5:00 today. Makes me think of my paternal grandmother. We used to stay with her and my grandfather on our visits to Japan. And I remember she was always the first one up. I would ask her what time she had awoken and it was always some crazy-early time like 4 or 5. She explained to me that she needed less sleep as she aged. She was definitely an early to bed, early to rise person. She was a teacher, then raised four kids, and all the while tended a sizable garden from where she fed and nourished her family even more.

No comments: